AN170: Unsigned drivers installation on Windows 10 Open or Close
- Under Windows 10, if you need to install an unsigned driver, Windows warns you that the driver is not digitally signed.
- If you want to continue to installing this driver, you fall in a infinite loop between the "driver installation" window and the "User account control" window.
Impossible to install this unsigned driver !
In order to install it, you must disable the "driver signature enforcement" in Windows 10.
Here is the temporary method to disable it !
- AN164 - Printers in Modbus over serial Open or Close
Megatron printers can be delivered in "Modbus Over Serial" connection on a RS422/RS485 physical layer.
It is then necessary to define slave address of the printer and to pass datas using the modbus 16 (10h) function "Multiple Words Write".
Datas to be print are simply transmitted as words (the most significant byte first).
The Modbus 3 (03h) function allows to know the printer status.
To see an example video or to download your test freeware, follow "Plus"Plus...
- AN161 - RS232C 2" printers models MTH-2523, MTH-3523 or MTH-2723 on the EATON terminal Open or Close
2" serial RS232C printers models MTH-2523, MTH-3523 or MTH-2723 on EATON terminal.
EATON terminals running on Windows CE 5.0 can be configured to print on a printer which is PCL compatible in RS232 connection. This application note details how to do.
- AN160 - 2" Ethernet printers models MTH-2573, MTH-3573 or MTH-2773 on the EATON terminal Open or Close
2" Ethernet printers models MTH-2573, MTH-3573 or MTH-2773 on EATON terminal.
EATON terminals running on Windows CE 5.0 can be configured to print on a printer which is PCL compatible in Ethernet. This application note details how to do.
- AN159 - TCP Communication with MTH, MRSi or MRTi printers Open or Close
TCP Communication with MTH, MRSi or MRTi printers.
The MTH, MRSi and MRTi printers have an Ethernet TCP connectivity.
On a windows computer, It can be accessible via a driver which add a virtual port COM.
If installing this driver is not desired or not possible, datas can be passed to the printer by writting directly in its port #10001.
This application note will explain you how to determine or configure the printer's IP.
- AN157 - Printers MTH, MRSi and MRTi with protocol Modbus on TCP/IP Open or Close
Printers MTH, MRSi and MRTi with Modbus protocol on TCP/IP.
Modbus protocol presentation and IP adress' assignment.
Procedure to get the printer status.
Setup of the MegaTerminal from a Windows PC.
- AN153 - Define a customized paper size for printer drivers under Windows XP Open or Close
Define a customized paper size for printer drivers under Windows XP.
Windows XP printer drivers define a certain number of default paper sizes.
Some of them permit to define customized sizes within the limit of a maximum size accepted by the printer.
- AN148 - Counting setting on a MRSi or MRTi printer Open or Close
Counting setting on a MRSi or MRTi printer
Use procedure of ProgMess, which permits to program messages and counting input.
Printer setup procedures: scaling and counting print size, messages mode activation, memorizations.
- AN147 - Firmware MCB-362 downloading Open or Close
Firmware MCB-362 downloading.
- AN146 - Multiple printing of one ticket by a MTH-2500 family printer Open or Close
Multiple printing of one ticket by a MTH-2500 family printer.
Multiple printing procedures of one ticket and choices of characters for a MTH-2500 family printer.
- AN145 - Printer Megatron USB on Siemens terminal Open or Close
Printer Megatron USB on Siemens terminal.
Setting procedures on the Siemens terminal, on MTH and MRTi printers, as well as on GPT-4454 printer.
- AN144 - Windows driver installation for MRXi/UP-PN printers Open or Close
Windows driver installation for MRXi/UP-PN printers.
In 11 steps, this application note explains how to install a Windows driver on MRXi/UP-PN printers.
- AN141 - Windows 7 driver manual installation for Megatron printers Open or Close
Windows 7 driver manual installation for Megatron printers.
Megatron printers in USB connection are "Printer Class" compatible. Indeed, they are automatically detected by Windows OS or other operating systems. The different installation steps are explained by this application note.
- AN140 - Assembly instructions for HMA sensor Open or Close
Assembly instructions for HMA sensor.
- AN139 - DocketPORT 467 scanner installation Open or Close
DocketPORT 467 scanner installation
This application note explains how to put the DocketPORT 467 in 64 bits Windows XP/Vista version, in 32 bits Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista version and in Mac OS X 10.3/10.5 version, PPC/Intel.
- AN138 - Ethernet interface on Megatron printers Open or Close
This application note explains how to install Ethernet interface on Megatron printers:
- Ip detection
- changing parameters (IP address, Ethernet modules parameters, ...)
- Adding a windows TCP/IP port
- AN132 - Forms or labels printing on NP-215/325/415 printers Open or Close
How to print forms or labels with NP-215/325/415 printers.
The internal optical sensor permits to detect forms or labels by searching for the preprinted black mark or the hole.
This application note explains how to use the optical sensor, the paper movement (forward and backward), auto cutter...
- AN131 - GPT-4454 printer: TINIT file programming Open or Close
GPT-4454 printer: TINIT file programming.
Explanations of TINIT file programming, conditions of use, checking and TINIT file modifications.
- AN130 - Forms or labels printing on GPT-4454 printer Open or Close
Forms or labels printing on GPT-4454 printer.
Forms or labels detection is done either by a hole or by a black mark on the left side of the paper roll. This application note explains how to indicate the mark detection height and how to adjust the difference between the mark and the printing start.
- AN129 - Joysticks reading under Windows OS Open or Close
Joysticks reading under Windows OS.
- AN128 - Printing labels with MTH-3500 thermal printer Open or Close
Printing labels with MTH-3500 thermal printer.
Printing labels procedure for MTH-3500 printer: presentation of usable labels rolls which must have holes and printer configurations.
- AN126 - TRY10 joystick orientation Open or Close
TRY10 joystick orientation.
TRY10 has a landmark which permits an appropriate orientation in a casing in accordance with X and Y axes.
- AN124 - DC motor connection on motorized potentiometer Open or Close
DC motor connection on motorized potentiometer.
This application note indicates several possibilities to order the rotation direction of a motorized potentiometer.
- AN121 - Relative measure with a sensofoil Open or Close
Relative measure with a sensofoil.
The sensofoil is a watertight potentiometer with a mechanical slider which has no electrical contact with tracks. Usually, it is used as a voltage divider where the voltage is removed between the ground and the slider track. There is another interesting application of this product. Indeed, it can be used with two sliders and it is possible to measure distance between them two, that is a differential measure.
- AN120 - Use of "only generic text" driver under Windows Open or Close
Print text only on Megatron printers with "only generic text" driver under Windows (XP, 10, etc...).
Note: this applies only to old printer models. Recent printers are including their drivers.
- AN118 - Analogic joysticks implementation Open or Close
Analogic joysticks implementation.
There are many procedures in this application note:
- about potentiometer value choice
- about handle direction detection with a unique voltage
- about shunt and central neutral zone
- about the gap of the zero (non systematic output voltage).
- AN117 - Printer supply dimensioning (MRS/MRT type) Open or Close
Needle printer (MRS / MRT type) consumption is inconstant and this must be well known by the power supply manufacturer not to uselessly oversize it.
The AN117 application note explains you how to size it.
- AN115 - RS422 / RS485 interface for MRS Open or Close
Standard serial interface proposed in standard MRS printers is RS232 or TTL type. That is suitable for most of the applications. However, some materials - usually PLCs - have only one RS422-485 interface. This application note explains how to equip MRS printers with a RS422-RS485 interface.
- AN114 - Weekday calculation from Gregorian date Open or Close
Every used variable are integer type
- If Month = 1 or Month = 2 then,
- Month = Month+12
- Year = Year-1
- Weekday = ( Day + 2*Month + (6*(Month+1)) div 10 + Year + Year div 4 - Year div 100 + Year div 400 ) mod 7
Equivalence between the weekday and the day name
- Weekday = day name
- 0 = Monday
- 1 = Tuesday
- 2 = Wednesday
- 3 = Thursday
- 4 = Friday
- 5 = Saturday
- 6 = Sunday
Particularity : Every year, the 4/4 (April 4th), the 6/6 (June 6th), the 8/8 (August 8th), the 10/10 (October 10th) and the 12/12 (December 12th) come the same weekday.
- AN113 - Use of the text Megatron printers under Windows 95/98/Me Open or Close
Text Megatron printers using with the "only generic text" driver under Windows 95/98/Me + formula € management
- AN112 - Compatibility connecting board MR/MRS Open or Close
- AN111 - Details on potentiometers Open or Close
Potentiometers are widely used components but anyway more or less well-known.
The purpose of this document is to provide the user a better understanding of these components, particularly about using and vocabulary.
- AN110 - Sensofoil assessment assembly Open or Close
Sensofoil assessment assembly
The assembly shown in this application note permits to assess a Sensofoil sensor with the help of a ADC converter MAX186 type connected to a PC parallel port.
- AN109 - Sensofoils 360° mathematical proceeding Open or Close
Sensofoils 360° mathematical proceeding.
There are several kinds of Sensofoil, but 360° is a specific one. It allows measure of a 360° angle without the usual dead zone of any standard potentiometer.
- AN108 - Joystick used as a mouse under Windows OS Open or Close
Joystick used as a mouse under Windows OS.
This application note explains how a PC can detect a joystick as a mouse thanks to a software help.
- AN107 - Bitmap graphic mode for a MATH-302x checker Open or Close
- AN106 - For after-sales service: software version for MRS/MP192 Open or Close
After-sales service: software version for MRS/MP192 (board with PSD processor)
- AN105 - Connection between a 2018 motor and microswitches Open or Close
Connection between a 2018 motor and microswitches.
- AN104 - Current loop cable MR-MRS Open or Close
Details about current loop adaptation cable for MRS-XX3X.
- AN103 - Friction torque rewinder adjustment MP210/220 Open or Close
Friction torque rewinder adjustment procedure for the MP2X0 type.
- AN102 - Compatibility cable MR-MRS Open or Close
The MR series printers have progressed to the MRS series for technological reasons and in order to improve performances. Software of the new MRS models are fully compatible with the old MR, but wiring have changed.
Adaptation cable MR-MRS detailed